Week 7 Wrap vs Sydney University, Universities and Parramatta

1st Grade Round 7: UTS North Sydney v Sydney University at North Sydney Oval

UTS North Sydney 7/302 (cc) (J Avendano 122, M Jenkins 53*, BS Atherton 45 A Bariol 25) def by Sydney University 6/305 (49 overs) (M Alexander 2/38, JN James 2/58)

In the final game before the Christmas break the Bears faced off against the Students of Sydney University with an earlier start time of 9am. There were a few changes to the team with Tom Jagot, Tim Reynolds and James Campbell unavailable. Coming back from injury was Mac Jenkins, playing as a batsman, while Kobe Allison made his fifty-over debut in the top grade.

The toss was won by captain Justin Avendano who decided to have a bat. Despite the early start, the temperature was rising rapidly and it was going to be hot work for both sides. The Bears got off to a bright start with Jack James smacking one through the covers for four in the first over and Brent Atherton taking advantage of a free hit a few overs later to clear the O’Reilly stand for six. Six was added to the score but, with the ball being lost out on Miller Street, the Students were allowed to have a brand new ball and so the next couple of overs were tricky with Jack being dismissed at 1/26 after 6 overs.

New man Avendano wasted no time getting on the board with a single and then three consecutive fours off Kieran Tate. The A-Team were setting for another big partnership which had built to 66 runs until Brent holed out for 45 after hitting 5 fours and a six. Despite the loss of two wickets, after 17 overs the Bears were looking in good shape with 92 on the board.

Aiden Bariol (25) joined Avo in the middle and played some good shots at a run a ball including three fours and a six. Baz was on hand to watch his captain bring up fifty before he was brilliantly caught at deep extra cover with the score on 138. Olly Knight was the next man in and, despite hitting a boundary, the spinners kept him relatively quiet. When Olly fell in the 31st over the Bears had reached 4/155. Mac Jenkins batted at 6 and kept the scoreboard ticking over. A feature of his innings were the delicate cuts, deflections, and trick shots, some of which went to the rope.

In the 43rd over, Avendano, who is in rare, form brought up a well-earned century courtesy of a six smashed over mid-wicket from a Devlin Malone full toss. It was his third century of the season brought up after 107 balls. Jenkins and Avendano stayed together until the 45th over, putting together a 103 run partnership and moving the score to 5/258 with six overs remaining. After taking some punishment, Malone was the one to take Justin down for 122 off 144 with 11 fours and 4 sixes.

Kobe Allison and Robbie Aitken gave Mac some support as he made his way to his maiden first grade fifty with consecutive fours, the milestone coming from a cut to the backward point boundary. A cameo from James Aitken who went 6-4-1-2 to score 13 off 4 elevated the score past 300 to 302, with Mac remaining not out on 53. 7/302 was a good score and defendable with a committed effort in the field.

Openers Gauci and Dummer adopted a conservative approach to the chase, with Dummer falling victim to a Matt Alexander special in the fifth over with the ball being well caught by keeper Bariol and the Students 1/12. Two balls later Alexander struck again, knocking over Mortimer with a plumb lbw – 2/12 and the Bears were well on top. Gauci put up a wall and, as his confidence grew, he hit regular singles to compliment Liam Robertson who took an aggressive approach and did not let any bowler settle. Robertson was scoring at a rapid rate and was starting to take the game away from the home side.

Jack James was introduced in the 24th over. In his second over he dismissed the set Gauci, who was replaced by McElduff. The catch was safely taken at mid-off by Olly Knight. In his third over James dismissed the danger man Robertson with Knight again taking the catch closer to the mid-off boundary this time, and suddenly the Students were 4/155 - the exact same score the Bears had been, but in the 28th rather than the 31st over. James continued to bowl well, putting pressure on the batsmen and was unlucky not to have a third. Robbie Aitken and Sam Alexander joined the attack with the two teams playing a game of cat and mouse, where dots and singles would build pressure but a boundary or six would release it to keep the Students on track.

In the 39th the pressure got too much for the batsmen with a mix up, and Brent Atherton threw to the bowlers end and Robbie took off the bails to claim the Bears’ fifth wicket with a run out. At 5/210 it was even money with 93 needed from the remaining 69 balls. The pattern continued with new batsman Holloway now partnering McElduff – a lot of singles (not enough at this point) but one four or six to keep the run rate in check. James (2/58) returned to finish his spell, and in the 44th over, as Sydney Uni reached 250, they lost their sixth wicket with a brilliant piece of work from Avendano to effect a direct hit run out. This meant that at 6/251 Sydney Uni were slightly behind our 6/258 at the same point with six overs remaining. Matt Alexander (2/38) was also back into the attack. The equation was 52 runs needed from 36 balls, but in the end, after 19 runs were hit from the 48th over, the Students only needed 30 balls to pass the Bears’ score with the final blow a six.

The loss places the team in 12th position with three wins and four losses. We will have the Christmas break to re-group and embark on the long journey out to Raby to face Campbelltown-Camden in a must win game if we want to stay in touch with the top six.

2nd Grade Round 7: UTS North Sydney v Sydney University at University Oval

UTS North Sydney 8/191 (cc) (F Nixon-Tomko 86, L Stewart 39) def by Sydney University 7/192 (47.3 overs) (A Cavenor 3/35, F May 2/34)

With three new debutants and returning players, Second Grade arrived at a sunny Sydney University Oval ready to take on the strong Sydney University side. Using the luck of the Irish, Glenn Aitken (GA) won yet another coin toss, adding to his 100% toss win streak for the season, and opted to bat.

A change of tactics and a new batting order resulted in a strong starting position with Adam Cavenor (20) and Finn Nixon-Tomko (86*). The openers took well to the hard new ball, rotating the strike and punishing the loose ball. Witnessing one of the best starting displays for the Bears this season, the Sydney Uni spinners utilised the poor pitch conditions, pinching back the Bears' well-earned start with four quick wickets of Adam Cavenor, Jon Nevell, Ray Alexander and GA. The Bears had to rebuild an innings. Lachlan Stewart (39) joined the resilient Nixon-Tomko as they steadied the ship and battled to the 40th over. Both batsmen ran well and deposited the ball on the other side of the fence, before a lucky one-handed grab was required to remove Stewart. Nixon-Tomko however, the diamond in the rough, constructed a masterful innings (his highest score for the club) to help steer the Bears, with the assistance of debutant Jimmy Greenslade and Harri Lee Young, to a competitive total of 196.

After the lunch break, Sydney Uni came out with guns blazing, as they understood the best time to bat was at the start of the innings. With the opposition at 90 runs without the loss of a wicket, both our opening bowlers, Fletcher May (2/34) and debutant Chris Savage (0/41) bowled tight lines without any luck. The game proved to have many twists, as both Bears spinners changed the momentum and outwitted their opponents. Cavenor (3/35) used the conditions extremely well and Everett Oxenham (1/41) learned very quickly about the right length, picking up his first wicket and making an impressive debut for Second Grade at the young age of 15. He is a very talented young cricketer with an excellent first up performance at this level.

As the pitch deteriorated, our spinners bowled their overs out and our pace bowlers came back to strangle momentum in the Bears’ direction, with Fletch tearing the number 7’s head off first and then tearing his leg stump out of the ground. As the pressure grew, so did the emotions. Big-hearted Harri bowled a critical 10 straight overs in the heat to minimise runs to a nail-biting finish. With results hanging in the balance, the umpires also felt the pressure with some hasty decisions. Unfortunately, Sydney Uni held their nerve and managed to get away with lucky shots at the end to seal their victory.

The competitive nature of the whole team was evident from start to finish. Unified to almost snatch the victory from a strong opponent, a lot was learnt despite this unfortunate defeat. As one of the Bears’ best games yet, we are looking forward to a promising new year.

Women's 2nd Grade Round 6: Gordon / UTS North Sydney v Parramatta at Chatswood Oval

Gordon / UTS North Sydney 4/104 (17.4) (O Callaghan 31) def by Parramatta 6/152 (cc) (O Callaghan 2/12, E Ridley 2/27)

Paramatta won the toss on and decided to bat in stifling conditions on another flat hard Chatswood Oval batting track and lightning-fast outfield. GNS did well to keep Parra to six an over for the first 10 overs with some tight bowling from Liv Callaghan 2/12 (4), and great support from Samira Mitchell 1/20 (4) and Emma Ridley with her customary first over wicket. But the conditions eventually got the better of the GNS bowling and fielding, with Parramatta taking advantage to accelerate towards 6/152 after 20 overs.

GNS began solidly with six per over for the first 10 overs, matching Parramatta, with Liv Callaghan (31 off 42) and Samira Mitchell (21 off 29). However, tight bowling in the latter overs stopped GNS from accelerating towards the target, despite a quickfire 20 from 24 from Grace Keating. With 48 runs required from 14 balls, lightning finally sealed GNS’s fate, ending the game early.

Well done girls on bringing the joint venture together. Work on our fielding and bowling should see us have even more success in the new year, but your commitment cannot be faulted. Well done!

BREAKING NEWS: Well done to Bears Metro U16 trialists Lucy Warren 1/13 (3) and Grace Keating 26 and 0/23 (6) in the first trial match in Maitland. Go our representative Bears!

3rd Grade Round 7: UTS North Sydney v Sydney University at Bon Andrews Oval

UTS North Sydney 8/226 (48.4 overs) (JD Graham 60, C New 40, J Hedges 34) def by Sydney University 1/227 (39.5 overs)

The final round before the Christmas break offered a chance for the Bears 3s side to confirm a position within the top six halfway through the 2021/22 season. Returning to Bon Andrews on a hot day with a hard deck under foot, the scene was set.

Having won the toss, skipper Cameron New chose to bat first and the Bears got off to their fastest start to an innings this season. The outfield was quick and the deck was offering little for the seam bowlers. However, both openers fell within six runs of each other and the loss of Matt Cole a little later brought the score to 3/74. Some strong middle order performances from Jacob Graham (60) and Jamieson Hedges (34) spurred the Bears along to a total above 200 and the tail wagged again to see us close the innings on 8/226.

Unfortunately, the bowling effort did not match up with the batting. An unlucky injury to Fraser Noack at the end of the batting innings meant the Bears were an additional bowler down. However, Brad Wilson and Harry May toiled hard with the new ball. Jacob Graham returned to his old tricks, breaking the opening partnership in his first over with the score on 80.

That was only wicket to fall during the innings. The Students batted well on a good deck and patiently waited for anything short or wide to hit to the boundary. It was a demonstration of a smooth run chase and something for the Bears to remember going into the second half of the season.

In the end, Sydney Uni passed the Bears total 1 down in the 40th over. Special mention to Jimmy Edwards for coming and fielding for the entire innings in hot, trying conditions.

Until we see you next, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Third Graders.

Women's 3rd Grade Round 6: UTS North Sydney v BYE

4th Grade Round 7: UTS North Sydney v Sydney University at St Pauls Oval

UTS North Sydney 8/226 (cc) (M Lloyd 74, D Johnson 54, O Jennings 39, RA Burinaga 26) def Sydney University 135 (43 overs) (RA Burinaga 2/19, S Vohra 2/22, AC MacGill 2/25, J Thomas 2/34)

Fourth Grade travelled to picturesque St Pauls Oval within Sydney Uni to take on the Students who had had a strong start to the season and were sitting in the top six. The Bears were coming off a dominant first win of the season and were looking to finish the first half of the season on a roll. The ground was in excellent condition, as was the pitch, and skipper Lindsay won his first toss of the season and chose to bat without hesitation.

The Bears lost a couple of early wickets but Olly Jennings (39) and Mike Lloyd (74) put on 54 for the third wicket and put the Bears back in control. Lloyd was then joined by Green Shielder Dylan Johnson and together they advanced the score to 3/183. It was these partnerships that put the Bears in control of the match and Lloyd turned back the clock with some elegant stroke play. Rhys Burinaga (26) on debut played with positive intent and the Bears finished 7/236, a score right in the par range at the start of the day.

Early wickets would still be needed to keep the pressure on Uni and that man again, Lloyd, delivered in the first over with a remarkable direct hit run-out from a 30m throw on the spin. It was a truly brilliant piece of fielding.

However, this run out would not slow Uni and they batted positively at over six an over, putting pressure on the Norths bowlers who were not at their best in the opening overs. Aidan Thomas (0/22 off 8) was introduced and bowled in tandem with brother Jack (2/34 off 10 straight) to wrest control back for the Bears by slowing the scoring, and then capitalised on the pressure built by taking wickets.

From this point on, the Bears spun for the win with Burinaga (2/19 off 10) in particular, bowling tightly with good control. Rhys also took a sharp catch, capping off a wonderful Bears debut in which he contributed strongly in all three facets. Vohra and MacGill cleaned up the tail and the Bears were victorious by 101 runs and a bonus point.

5th Grade Round 7: UTS North Sydney v Sydney University at Tunks International Sports Park

UTS North Sydney 5/197 (48.4 overs) (B Rogers 54, P Sampath 51, LA Smith 39*) def Sydney University 195 (cc) (J Collins 3/29, H Riseborough 3/39, T McKenna 2/28)

The last round before the Christmas break presented a tough test for the Fifth Grade Bears – a Sydney University side who were running fourth in the competition. After a week of sun, and a hot forecast for Saturday, the Cardiac Kids looked to maintain top spot heading into the season’s bend with a win.

The Students won the toss and elected to bat on a belter of a wicket at Tunks International Sports Park. Nothing the Cardiac Kids were not familiar with, chasing in every game they played this season.

Bears veteran Travis McKenna was back into the fray after stepping off a plane from the US a week ago, and he took the new ball alongside young upstart Jed Collins. The pair bowled tightly, with few runs being scored off the bat early. Collins struck with a cutter, taking middle stump out of the ground, and this set the scene for the rest of the innings, with the next four wickets all being bowled.

Henry Riseborough also slotted back into the side this week, and picked up his first grade wicket with his second ball, swinging one past the bat and taking off peg. This followed by an inspired bowling change to bring McKenna back for an over saw Travis take his first wicket in Australia after two seasons abroad, also swinging one past the bat and taking off stump.

Despite the steady fall of wickets, it was tough going in the heat, with the wicket offering very little assistance to the bowlers. After a strong partnership of 63, Perry dismissed the Uni number 5, bowling him. This turned the innings for the Bears, with an opportunity to get into the tail. The score was sitting at 4/128 at the second drinks break.

Riseborough and Collins came back into the attack set on finishing off the innings. Riseborough struck first, trapping the Uni number 6 leg before for 10, and shortly after Collins snared the big wicket of Uni's opener bowling him for 75. The quartet managed to then take one each of the final four wickets, Collins and Riseborough ending with three each, McKenna two, and Perry & Fursman one apiece. It was also a trying day behind the stumps for youngster Jack Mannix, who was tidy and disciplined with the gloves, however not given any opportunities to take from the bowling.

After a strong start with the bat by Uni, the Bears quicks hauled in the final 5 wickets for 43 runs, restricting the students to a solid 195 on a very flat Tunks wicket.

Debutant Billy Rogers strode out to the crease alongside returning opener Pranav Sampath with the intent to start the chase off on the right note. The pair easily navigated the opening bowlers, ticking along the score at the required four an over, ticking over singles to take advantage of their left/right hand combination, and ultimately pick off the resulting bad balls. At drinks the pair had the Bears sitting in prime position at 0/72.

After the drinks break, it was more of the same from the youngsters, calmly taking their partnership past 100, and Rogers raising the bat for 50 in his first innings of the season for the club. Fatigue however started to creep in for Rogers, and on 54, he was stumped after he failed to get back into his crease. A mature and calculated innings from the opener had put the Bears in the box seat to take victory.

His partner, Sampath, followed suit, raising the bat shortly after, and received well-deserved applause from his team-mates on the sideline. He played with poise and maturity throughout the innings and set the tone for the rest of the innings, picking up his scoring rate after Rogers was dismissed. However, he came unstuck on 51 when he played one shot too many and skied one.

Harry Gianoutsos and veteran Bear Luke Smith were tasked with guiding the Cardiac Kids home from 133, with 16 overs remaining, another chase heading down to the wire. The pair continued at the required rate, ticking the scoreboard over until Gianoutsos was runout for a crucial 16, trying to push one too many quick singles.

Perry then strode out to meet Smith in the middle, the pair set on finishing the chase themselves and taking it all the way. Their experience was showing through, picking off easy singles, putting pressure on the fielders and putting away the loose balls. A couple of lower scoring overs however put some scoreboard pressure back on the batsmen, and Perry holed out to deep mid-wicket after mis-timing one off a spinner.

Smith knew he needed to be there at the end, requiring a further 20 with 5 overs remaining. Charlie Rose and Riseborough both played their part in rotating the strike and scoring some crucial runs down the stretch, however Smith's experience showed through, crashing some big shots in clutch time and sending a thumping boundary to carry the Cardiac Kids over the line with eight balls remaining.

It was an emphatic victory for the Bears, chasing down 200 only 5 down. Stand outs of the day go to the two openers Rogers and Sampath, along with Smith who finished on 39 not out.

The team has gelled together well, everyone knowing their role and how to contribute to a victory. The side remains on top of the ladder heading into the Christmas break and is looking to continue the momentum into 2022 when they take on the Ghosts at Raby in Round 8.

U18 Brewer Shield Round 6: UTS North Sydney v Universities at Bon Andrews Oval

UTS North Sydney 5/134 (cc) (B Lozell 39, A Gibbons 38) def Universities 6/65 (cc) (MR Singh 2/5, MR Oxenham 2/8)

The Bears turned up keen for their first home game for the season, and there was an air of excitement as it was also their first T20 and arguably our strongest batting line up so far. Due to a short but heavy downpour the night before, we had a 30-minute delay whilst the groundsman got the pitch ready and allowed the unused pitches to dry out. Believing there may be a little life in the early morning pitch, the plan was to have a bowl. Unfortunately, for the second week running, we lost the toss and the opposition sent us in to bat.

Given the T20 format and the strength of our line-up, Rob chose to unleash the power hitting of Liz Buckley (22 off 18) promoted to the opening position. She set the tone early, with two boundaries in the first over, one of which may have bounced two metres short of the fence. Sam Kuncham (13 off 18), after last week’s gritty performance, showed us the other side of her batting, following suit with two boundaries in the second over. The first two overs had been dispatched for 20!

Unis then fought back with some tight line and length bowling, but both girls took on Wednesday’s training drills, picking up some quick singles before one snuck under Sam’s bat, flicking leg stump on its way past. It was 1/33 off 5.3, and a couple of quick boundaries kept the score ticking over, but then one became two as Liz took one risk too many playing across the line of a fuller ball, leaving the score at 2/44 off 6.2.

This brought the experienced pair of Amy Gibbons (38 off 34) and Bianca Lozell (39 off 43) to the wicket. They were able to capitalise on the great start and continue the pace with a combination of great shot making and excellent running. With the score sitting at 2/84 after 12, the girls were asked to push hard despite the humid and sticky conditions, and they did just as asked, batting beautifully before a miscommunication saw Amy run out at 3/118 off 16.3.

This brought Mayher Singh (5* off 8) to the crease and she was able to keep the runs ticking over whilst still looking to find her form in the early part of the season. Then, with three balls left in the innings, Bianca was bowled leaving Sophia Fisher in the unenviable position of needing to score from her first ball, unfortunately she lost her wicket on the final ball of the innings by being a great team player and looking for the boundary.

This was the highest T20 score in the Brewers comp this season and a record T20 score for the Bears. It put us in a great position to win the match and is a good sign for the rest of the season.

Charlotte Moss opened the bowling innings beautifully with (0/2 off 3), and just a few loose balls from the other end, combined with some less than stellar fielding, helping the visitors to keep the score just ticking over. Despite the lack of wickets, the Bears were sitting in a great position at the halfway mark, keeping Uni to 37 runs off 10 overs. Mabel Oxenham (2/8 off 4) struck first ball after the break, bowling beautifully after working on her bowling mid-week and Sophia Fischer (0/4 off 2) was the perfect foil, keeping things tight at the other end.

Maddie Winslow (0/3 off 1) and Georgia McDonald (0/3 off 2) bowled a great line and length continuing to keep things tight, but it seemed to be a day for the spinners with the Unis batters not knowing what to do with big turning leg breaks from Mayher Singh (2/5 off 2), including a stumping with some excellent glove work by Bianca Lozell. The Bears won their first match of the season by 69 runs in a dominant performance, moving them up into seventh on the ladder and dramatically improving their net run rate. Given their losses were to the undefeated teams in equal first place, the girls are in a good position to push for a top four finish.

U16 AW Green Shield Round 1: UTS North Sydney v Sutherland at Glenn McGrath Oval

UTS North Sydney 159 (45.3) (H Reynolds 43, TJ Harradine 30, D Johnson 27) def by St George 5/171 (48.3) (H Reynolds 2/24)

Our Greenies’ start to the season can only be described as mixed, with a close loss, a thumping win and a disappointing heavy defeat in the first three rounds.

We opened our campaign with the long trip to Caringbah to face Sutherland. Hamish Reynolds won the toss and elected to bat, but may not have expected to find himself in the middle to face the fifth ball of the match, batting at number 4. Reynolds and Dylan Johnson, who’s already shown his class in grade cricket this season, rebuilt the innings from 2/0 and took the score to 64 before Johnson was dismissed, caught at backward square leg for 27. Three more wickets fell before the Bears reached 100, with Reynolds the sixth to fall for 43 with the score on 97. This left work to do for the tail, but Thor Harradine (30) and Kai Brunker (16) stood up to put on 29 and ensure we posted something we could bowl at, finishing on 159 all out.

The Sharks’ reply began in the opposite manner to ours, with 88 runs on the board before a wicket fell, courtesy of Henry Riseborough (1/29). The next pair put on another 49 and, at 1/137, surely the game was gone? But then Kai Brunker produced a brilliant direct hit run out to get rid of the opener for 68, and Hamish Reynolds and Thor Harradine took wickets in successive overs, and it was 4/141 in the 44th. James Edwards and Henry Riseborough bowled tight overs and Reynolds struck again in the 47th to remove the set batsman – 5/154 with 21 balls remaining. Just one run off Edwards in the 48th, so five needed off the last 12 balls, but unfortunately only three were needed, the Sharks winning by 5 wickets. With another 20 runs on the board, it could have been a different game, but the Bears fought hard in the field and didn’t give up when the chips were down.

U16 AW Green Shield Round 2: UTS North Sydney v Hawkesbury at Tunks International Sports Park

UTS North Sydney 174 (48.4) (H Reynolds 66) def Hawkesbury 90 (35.5) (TJ Harradine 4/29, K Brunker 3/11)

On a scorching day at Tunks, the start was rinse and repeat for the Bears, with a toss won and a wicket falling in the first over, with a second following with the score on just 8. But that brought in that man, Hamish Reynolds, who batted the rest of the innings, being last man out for 66 in the 49th over. It was really a case of who could keep Reynolds company for how long, with vital contributions from Ben Champion (16), Pranav Sampath (13), Everett Oxenham and Kai Brunker (11 each), and finally Henry Charles (17) who shared in a last wicket stand of 37 to take the Bears to 174.

The Bears struck thrice early, starting with a sharp run-out by Henry Charles and Ben Champion, followed by a brilliant leg-side catch behind to Champion off Edwards (1/6 off 4), and capped off with an lbw to Everett Oxenham (1/20 off 10) with the score on 13. The Hawks put a partnership together for the fourth wicket, but the Bears strangled the run rate, so when a storm stopped play at 3/41, we were well up on the DLS. Lightning meant a minimum 30 minutes off the field, but the skies cleared and no overs were lost. The Hawks advanced the score to 65 in the 25th over before Henry Riseborough and Thor Harradine combined for the breakthrough that began a spectacular collapse. From here, Hawkesbury lost their remaining six wickets for 25 as they had no answer to the Bears’ country spin pair of Harradine (4/29) and Brunker (3/11). A clinical, commanding victory gave us a welcome bonus point.

U16 AW Green Shield Round 3: UTS North Sydney v Manly-Warringah at Manly Oval

UTS North Sydney 86 (33.4) (H Reynolds 29) def by Manly-Warringah 2/88 (23.2)

It was a day to forget for the Bear Cubs! Another poor start left us 4/5 in the 8th over and, despite a few bright moments, we never fully recovered. Hamish Reynolds (29) and Ben Champion (17) put on 50 for the fifth wicket to give us hope, but they were dismissed off successive balls, and the Bears slumped to 86 all out. Thor Harradine made a dogged 14*, but nobody could keep him company for long enough to get us up to triple figures. It was never going to be enough against a strong Manly outfit, and the Waratahs passed the target in the 24th over after Kai Brunker and Harradine took a pole each.

A second defeat makes the remaining fixtures must-win encounters, starting with Thursday’s match against Blacktown at Tunks Park. Performances in senior grade cricket from many of this squad have shown us how much class these boys have, so we look forward to seeing them fight back.

Media courtesy of Tony Johnson, David James, Sarah Berman, Adam Cavenor, Malcolm Trees , Gordon Women's Cricket Club and team captains.